Ok folks how many of you have heard of this? and is it possible, well yes it is and it is delicious.
READY IN: 10mins YIELD: 1 deep fried mars bar
1Mars bars or 1 Milky Way bar
1cup plain flour
1pinch baking soda
milk or beer
oil (for deep frying)
- Chill the chocolate bar by keeping it in the fridge, but don’t freeze it.
- Mix the flours and bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) together.
- Add milk (traditional) or beer (which gives a lighter result) until you get a batter with the consistency of thin cream.
- Heat the oil until a small piece of bread will brown in a few seconds, but don’t allow to smoke.
- Remove wrapper from chilled chocolate bar.
- Coat completely in batter.
- Carefully lower into hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Serve, with ice cream or french fries, if you’re so inclined.